Hearty comfort meets healthy eating in this delicious Mexican inspired recipe.
The ingredient of Capsicum and corn enchiladas
- 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced jalapeno chillies in brine, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 corn enchilada tortillas
- 160g fire-roasted peeled whole peppers (Always Fresh brand), thinly sliced
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated vegetarian cheese (Mainland brand)
The instruction how to make Capsicum and corn enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Use a small sharp knife to cut down the length of the corn cob close to the core to remove kernels.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add the tomato and corn and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until corn is tender. Add chillies and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Place tortillas on a clean surface. Divide corn mixture among tortillas and roll up firmly to enclose filling. Place tortillas, seam-side down, in the base of a 16 x 25cm (base measurement) ovenproof baking dish. Top with peppers and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts and tortillas are heated through. Remove from oven.
- Divide the capsicum & corn enchiladas among serving plates and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Capsicum and corn enchiladascalories: 442.15 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 62 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams protein