Delicious, healthy and versatile, mushrooms are the star ingredient in this simple savoury tart.
The ingredient of Mixed mushroom tart
- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20g butter
- 4 eschalots, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 200g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Mixed mushroom tart
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Layer pastry sheets on prepared tray. Press to seal. Using a sharp knife, score 1.5cm border around pastry (dont cut all the way through). Prick centre with a fork. Brush with egg. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden and puffed.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add eschalots and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add mushroom and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mushroom is just tender and liquid has almost evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer mushroom mixture to centre of pastry. Top with feta. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and puffed. Stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme. Serve with salad.
Nutritions of Mixed mushroom tartcalories: 434.741 calories
calories: 29 grams fat
calories: 16 grams saturated fat
calories: 29 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 103 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 336.05 milligrams sodium