This Indian-spiced pasta dish is a favourite with taste.com.au members.
The ingredient of Spiced haloumi pasta
- 400g haloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 fresh curry leaves*
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 300g cooked spiral pasta
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Naan bread, to serve
- Mango chutney, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced haloumi pasta
- Cut the haloumi into 1cm cubes. Toss in 1 tablespoon oil and all the dry spices.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until softened. Add the haloumi and curry leaves, and cook until haloumi is golden. Add the tomato and chilli flakes, then bring to the boil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the pasta and cook until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the coriander. Divide among bowls and serve with naan and chutney.
Nutritions of Spiced haloumi pastacalories: 464.616 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 2975.21 milligrams sodium