Basil and pine nuts give a delicious flavour and texture element to this simple pasta dish.
The ingredient of Pasta with basil and tomato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g spaghetti
- 80g (1/2 cup) pine nuts, toasted
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, de-seeded, finely diced
- 90g (3 cups) firmly packed fresh basil leaves, washed, dried well
- 5 garlic cloves
- 200mls olive oil
- 60g (3/4 cup) grated parmesan
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Pasta with basil and tomato
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a rapid boil. Add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and then the pasta. Stir to prevent pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan and cook following packet directions until al dente.
- Drain well, transfer to a large bowl and toss with the remaining 3 teaspoons of olive oil. Cover and keep warm or cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, to make the basil paste, place the basil leaves, garlic and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and well combined. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the parmesan and season well with salt and pepper.
- Add 3/4 of the basil paste to the pasta with the pine nuts and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with the remaining basil paste and sprinkled with the diced tomato.
Nutritions of Pasta with basil and tomatocalories: 1118.281 calories
calories: 72 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 92 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 24 grams protein
calories: 13 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 242.81 milligrams sodium