Home-made basil pesto shines through in this delicious vegetable-filled pasta.
The ingredient of Pesto and chargrilled vegetable pasta
- 400g spaghetti
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 100g chargrilled eggplant, cut into strips
- 100g chargrilled capsicum, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
The instruction how to make Pesto and chargrilled vegetable pasta
- Make basil and parsley pesto Place pine nuts, basil, parsley and garlic in food processor. Process until roughly chopped. With motor still running, pour oil into feed tube in a slow and steady stream until oil is incorporated. Add parmesan and lemon juice. Process to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup water.
- Return pasta to saucepan over low heat. Add 1/2 cup pesto (see note), olives, tomatoes, eggplant, capsicum and reserved water. Toss until well combined and heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pesto and chargrilled vegetable pastacalories: