Zucchini is high in dietary fibre and low in calories which makes it an important vegetable to include in ones diet. Lightly grilled, its flavour is enhanced in this low-fat pasta salad.
The ingredient of Zucchini and ricotta pasta salad
- 500g dried shell pasta
- 4 (600g) zucchini
- 400g fresh low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
The instruction how to make Zucchini and ricotta pasta salad
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, peel long, thin strips from zucchini. Lightly grease a barbecue plate or chargrill. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned.
- Combine pasta, zucchini, ricotta, mint, chives, 2 teaspoons lemon rind, 1/4 cup lemon juice and oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Zucchini and ricotta pasta saladcalories: 700.987 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 93 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 27 grams protein
calories: 229.28 milligrams sodium