Need a hearty dinner in a hurry? Look no further than this budget-friendly pasta salad.
The ingredient of Sausage pasta salad
- 250g dried wholemeal penne pasta
- 100g green beans, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 8 lean beef chipolata sausages
- 100g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 210g can no added salt corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The instruction how to make Sausage pasta salad
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Add beans for last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sausages. Cook, turning, for 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cut diagonally into thick slices.
- Add mushroom and capsicum to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until capsicum is tender. Add mushroom mixture, sausage, corn, tomato, spinach, oil and lemon juice to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Sausage pasta saladcalories: 413.948 calories
calories: 10.7 grams fat
calories: 2.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 51.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21.7 grams protein
calories: 36 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 510 milligrams sodium