This Asian-style pork hotpot is the perfect dinner for chilly evenings.
The ingredient of Pork and lemongrass hotpot
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 800g pork shoulder, skin and excess fat removed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemongrass paste
- 1/4 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cups Massel beef stock
- 150g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2cm lengths
- 250g packet dried rice stick noodles
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork and lemongrass hotpot
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a 10-cup-capacity flameproof casserole dish over mediumhigh heat. Cook pork, in batches, until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and lemongrass paste. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened and mixture is fragrant.
- Return pork to pan, stirring to coat. Add soy sauce, Chinese five spice, sugar and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove lid. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly and pork is tender. Add beans. Cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Cook noodles for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add noodles to pork mixture, tossing to combine.
- Combine bean sprouts, capsicum and coriander leaves in a small bowl. Divide hotpot among serving dishes. Top with sprout salad and serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Pork and lemongrass hotpotcalories: 541.574 calories
calories: 19.3 grams fat
calories: 3.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 42.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 47.6 grams protein
calories: 120 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1672 milligrams sodium