"I love the flavours of a hearty beef bourguignon but sometimes you just want it now! This quick version still has a rich depth of flavour, but comes together in a flash." - Valli Little
The ingredient of 30-minute beef bourguignon
- 8 eschalots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- 500g beef eye fillet, cut into 4cm pieces
- 4 thick slices flat pancetta, rind removed, chopped
- 250g small Swiss brown mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel beef stock
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Wild rocket leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make 30-minute beef bourguignon
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil over high heat. Blanch the eschalots for 5 minutes or until just tender, then drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large deep frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the eschalots, turning, for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the butter and remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the beef, in batches and cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes until browned all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the pancetta, mushrooms, garlic, bay leaves and thyme, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then add the flour and cook for a further 1 minute or until combined. Stir in the wine and cook for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the stock, whisking to combine, then return the eschalots to the pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes until slightly reduced and thickened. Return the beef to the pan and simmer for a further 2 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serve with mashed potato and garnished with rocket leaves.
Nutritions of 30-minute beef bourguignoncalories: