This creamy corn and potato chowder has a hint of chilli for a spicy kick. Mop up the bowl with fresh crusty bread.
The ingredient of Corn and potato chowder with a hint of chilli
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 leek, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 300ml pure cream
- 400g Coles Brand carisma potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
- 310g can creamed corn
- 400g can super sweet corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives, to serve
- Chilli flakes, extra, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Corn and potato chowder with a hint of chilli
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based stock pot over medium-low heat. Add leek, carrot and celery. Cook for 5 mins. Add chilli and garlic and cook for 1 min. Add flour and cook, stirring for 1 min.
- Gradually add stock, cream, 1 cup (250ml) water, potatoes, creamed corn and corn. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 25 mins or until potato is tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with chives and extra chilli flakes. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Corn and potato chowder with a hint of chillicalories: