After a simple but satisfying Saturday night dinner? Slow-cooked beef stew topped with desiree discs makes these bakes simply delicious.
The ingredient of Crispy potato and beef pies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2.3kg gravy beef, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 large red capsicums, deseeded, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans diced Italian tomatoes
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 2 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- 90g (1/3 cup) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 12 small desiree potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- Olive oil spray
- 20g (1/4 cup) shredded parmesan
- 1kg frozen peas
- 50g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
The instruction how to make Crispy potato and beef pies
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add one-quarter of the beef and cook, turning, for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with the remaining oil and beef, reheating the pan between batches.
- Add the capsicum and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the beef, tomato, bay leaves and rosemary, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, partially covered, for 1 hour.
- Stir in the tomato paste. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the beef is tender. Stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Divide the beef mixture among six 500ml (2-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Layer the potato, slightly overlapping, on top of the beef mixture. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until the potato is golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place the peas, butter and mint in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper. Return to pan over low heat, and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve pies with the minted mushy peas.
Nutritions of Crispy potato and beef piescalories: 889.558 calories
calories: 28 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 43 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18 grams sugar
calories: 107 grams protein
calories: 279 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 456.82 milligrams sodium