Dig your spoon into this sublime souffle-like cornbread from Americas south. Serve your spoonbread with stews, sausages or as a hearty snack.
The ingredient of Spicy spoonbread
- 750ml (3 cups) milk
- 170g (1 cup) instant polenta
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 60g butter, chopped
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 120g (1 1/2 cups) coarsely grated vintage cheddar
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeu00f1os
- Pan-fried chorizo, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy spoonbread
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Grease a 2L ovenproof frying pan.
- Bring the milk to the boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in polenta in a steady stream. Add the salt and stir for 3 minutes or until mixture is thick. Remove from heat and quickly stir in the butter.
- Working quickly, whisk 1u20444 cup of the polenta mixture into the whisked eggs. Whisk egg mixture back into polenta. Stir in cheddar and jalapeu00f1os. Pour into prepared frying pan and smooth top. Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed. Top with pan-fried chorizo, coriander sprigs and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Spicy spoonbreadcalories: