These bite-sized toffee apple treats are never out of fashion or favour!
The ingredient of Toffee apple wedges
- 3 medium red apples
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid glucose
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red food colouring
The instruction how to make Toffee apple wedges
- Wash, dry and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 wedges. Pat with paper towel to dry (see note). Push 1 paddle pop stick into 1 piece of apple, being careful not to push the whole way through. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place sugar, glucose, vinegar and 1/2 cup warm water in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved (donu2019t boil).
- Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 10 to 15 minutes or until toffee reaches hard crack stage (150 C on candy thermometer), brushing side of pan with a pastry brush dipped in water to avoid crystallisation.
- Remove from heat. Working quickly, tint red with food colouring, stirring to combine. Stand for 30 seconds to allow bubbles to subside slightly. Working quickly, dip 1 piece of apple into toffee to coat, draining off any excess. Place on prepared tray, skin-side down. Repeat with remaining apple and toffee. Stand for 20 minutes or until set. Serve immediately (see note).
Nutritions of Toffee apple wedgescalories: 86.757 calories
calories: 21 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams sugar
calories: 5.61 milligrams sodium