Martha Stewarts marshmallow bones with steaming hot chocolate is a frightfully good choice for cool Halloween nights.
The ingredient of Marshmallow bones with blood-red hot chocolate
- Cornflour, for dusting
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 11/2 cups caster sugar
- 2/3 cup glucose syrup
- Icing sugar mixture, for dusting
- 1 litre milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 150g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red gel food colouring
The instruction how to make Marshmallow bones with blood-red hot chocolate
- Make Marshmallow bones: Grease and line 3 large trays with baking paper. Dust generously with cornflour. Combine 1/2 cup cold water and vanilla in a large heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatine over vanilla mixture. Place bowl over medium saucepan of simmering water. Whisk with a fork until gelatine has dissolved.
- Place sugar, glucose and remaining cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, until temperature reaches 112C to 115C on a candy thermometer, brushing down the side of pan with cold water during cooking. Remove from heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat gelatine mixture on high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually beat in hot sugar syrup, pouring down the side of the bowl in a slow steady stream. Continue beating for around 15 minutes or until mixture is very fluffy and almost stiff. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle.
- Using the picture as a guide, pipe 8cm long bones onto prepared trays, 1.5cm apart. Set aside, uncovered, for 10 to 12 hours in a cool, dry place.
- Dust bones generously with icing sugar, turning to coat. Shake off any excess.
- Make Blood-red hot chocolate: Place milk and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a simmer. Remove from heat. Add chocolate. Stir until melted. Whisk in food colouring.
- Serve bones with hot chocolate.
Nutritions of Marshmallow bones with blood-red hot chocolatecalories: 682.823 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 146 grams carbohydrates
calories: 144 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 13 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 83.49 milligrams sodium